Pie’s favorite holiday, Thanksgiving, is in 25 days; how did that happen!? We are beyond grateful for our wonderful community and excited to celebrate our second Thanksgiving with each one of you! We have a great team who is eager to put the very best pies Little Rock offers on your family’s holiday table. There is nothing that brings us more joy or love for our work than when you allow us into your home. Thank you for all of the blessings you have provided our team; we are able to do what we love because of your generosity.
Many things have changed over the past year and in a lot of ways, we have moved beyond “cute little pie shop” and developed into your favorite spot for coffee, breakfast, & lunch. Our goal each day is to please our neighbors and provide what our community is eager to see in West Little Rock. One of our most exciting changes is the expansion of our Thanksgiving menu! This year we are offering our nine favorite holiday pies. Each of these pies is baked with love right here in Little Rock by one of our rock star pastry chefs. We’ve created this detailed list for you to read about your favorites and help you select your Thanksgiving pies. Please know you’re appreciated. We look forward to visiting with you soon.
Honey Pies 2017 Thanksgiving Menu is available for online ordering or we would love to visit with you over the phone (501)613-7950.
November Events: Pie & Wine Sample Pairing at Honey Pies November 2nd and at Colonial Wine & Spirits November 7th
Check out The Boss Lady Blog to learn more about our owner, Sharon Woodson, in an interview for Bella Vita & photos by Saira Khan
November Drink Specials
• Our Uber talented Barista team works hard each month to come up with fabulous drink specials. Lizi, Zach, & Jeana have created two for our fall menu that you don’t want to miss: Hot Mulled Apple Cider & Pumpkin Spice Latte
• This friendship pie is a labor of love with our friends, Me & McGee Market. When the pecans begin to drop each fall, this sweet family gathers them up knowing they’re going to a good home at Honey Pies. Raise your hands if you spent time as a kiddo gathering pecans to be shelled! These sweet friends also offer our pies Take and Bake from their farm stand in North Little Rock.
- Always cool and classic, Coconut Meringue is a year-round staple at Honey Pies. You won’t find any coconut extract in this pie. All the flavor comes from coconut milk, and unsweetened shredded coconut tempered perfectly with egg yolks to make our perfectly balanced house made pastry cream filling.
Granny’s Apple Pie
• Granny Smith apples are the star of this show. If you love Granny’s Apple, you love our team member, Alexis! She is a wonderful addition to the team and is a trooper when it comes to peeling cases and cases of fresh apples for you year-round.
Tart Cherry Pie
• Honey Pies owner, Sharon, grew up picking sour cherries from trees in the yard and loves that the pie we have created mimics her childhood memories. Honey Pies’ cherries aren’t quite that sour, but they’re more complex in flavor than your typical cherry pie filling.
Sweet Peach Pie
• We kid around at the bakery about our Sweet Peach that it should be called Engagement Ring Pie; it has actually “sealed the deal” for one of our teammates relationships. Executive Pastry Chef, Anne, decided Little Rock loves this pie so much, she has kept it on the menu long after this seasonal favorite was set to be rotated.
Sweet Potato Meringue
• This award winning Sweet Potato Meringue took home 1st place in last year’s Say it Ain’t Say’s Sweet Potato Pie contest. This 4th generation family recipe is very dear to our hearts; the handwritten original copy is even framed and displayed with loving care.
• Fall’s favorite classic is brought to you by Honey Pies’ own secret pumpkin spice mix that we make in-house; we think it adds the perfect balance of spice into our Classic Pumpkin Pie which is topped with freshly whipped cream.
Signature All Butter Crust
• For the better part of the year, our baking team creates all non-pie menu items like delicious cookies, brownies, muffins, & banana pudding. During Pie Season, everything changes; Chris and Grace switch to be our full-time Crust Team. This team turns basic ingredients of flour butter sugar and salt and works them into the perfect flaky crust that you all love so much. We’re working extra hard to stock our Take & Bake freezer with extras; reserve your pie dough today to keep in the freezer until Thanksgiving
Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake
• Executive Pastry Chef, Anne’s, pride and joy of our fall season is her (now locally famous) Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake. It’s a brand-new edition to our holiday menu and we couldn’t be more excited to share it with you this fall.
• One of the things we love most about baking in the kitchen for you, it that it feels like our home. You know how grandma always had a “pancake bowl” or “cornbread pan” and everyone in the family knows exactly what you’re talking about. Pastry Chef Extraordinaire, Olivia, puts extra love into this filling by using her special “fudge brownie pot”; its sole purpose in life is to melt that delicious semi-sweet chocolate and butter for the base of your Honey Pies favorite.